Friday, December 5, 2008

Twinkle Twinkle What Are

I'm now not sure why, but at some point I started singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" to Emily when I was putting her to bed. It started as a game where I'd ask her to close her eyes and I would begin to sing. If she opened her eyes, I'd stop. In the beginning, she'd scrunch her eyes closed and I'd start and stop singing (well, more like reciting in a sing-song whisper) 5 or 6 times before making it through the song. She'd then ask for it again and again. I figured if I could just get her to lie still and close her eyes, she'd eventually fall asleep. Anyway, here recently she has begun to learn the words herself. She will sing it during the day all mixed up with the Itsy Bitsy Spider and sometimes the ABCs. "Itsy bitsy spider, up water spout, twinkle twinkle little star, how wonder what are . . ." At night, though, I sing (whisper) it one time through and now instead of asking for it again, she recites it herself. This week she is getting most of the words right! I wonder what she thinks it means.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! You know, ABC and Twinkle are really the same song.

    ReplyDelete