Sunday, March 1, 2009

Make-Ahead Monday

Ok, so my Make-Ahead Mondays have been pretty lame (or non-existent) lately. The secret is that we've been eating a lot from our Let's Dish stash. (Though tonight Andy made a Chicago-style pizza for this week's Make-Ahead Monday.) We discovered Let's Dish shortly after Emily was born and now we go about quarterly to restock our deep freeze. These meal preparation places seem to be popping up everywhere. It's basically a shop where you pay to assemble meals that you take home and freeze for later. Everything that needs to be pre-cooked is cooked, all the chopping is done. We've enjoyed the ability to control what's in our frozen meals -- since by and large you start with whole foods and can add a little here or take a little out there. We've brought home meals we never would have tried on our own, and we've adapted some of their recipes at home.

4 comments:

  1. that is a really good idea. I would love to have a freezer full of meals. I am going to have to look into this more.

    I also wanted to Welcome you to SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of friends who swear by Let's Dish. I should try it one of these days.

    I also live in the DC area (Alexandria) and my little guy will be 2 next month.

    Welcome to SITS! - I hope you find lots of fun new bloggy friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to swear by Dinner A'Fare. Loved it! Great meals that I never would have tried on my own and oh-so-convenient!
    Welcome to SITS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard about places like Let's Dish! I think that's a GREAT IDEA! I want to start OAMC but I don't know if I'm that brave yet. I think I'll start with once a week. I like the idea of Make-Ahead Mondays.

    Just dropped in to welcome you to SITS! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete