Monday, January 12, 2009

A case of the Mondays

We seem to always have a hard time settling into the week around here. I think everyone is ready to head back to work and school on Monday morning, but we're all exhausted by the end of the day. As long as I can remember, Emily has been grumpier than usual on Monday evenings, eats early, and goes to bed early and easily. It has always been tricky to come home and make dinner before she's melted down. So, as part of my new year's meal plan, I've decided to head off part of the Monday evening madness by making Monday night supper while Sunday's is cooking. This week, Andy had a tasty French chicken roasting in the oven while I had chili cooking on the stove. Chili tonight, leftovers in the freezer, and one serving left for lunch tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. gosh you're organized. We instead had a happy evening until Izzy refused to go to bed. I was up til close to 11 with her and Lottie woke up crabby this morning. Blah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, we had McDonald's for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete