Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Literacy Thursday, Itsy Bitsy Spider

I've finally gotten around to participating in Literacy Thursday by blogging about one of our favorite children's books. I'm always looking for creative things to read that are both educational and entertaining.


This modern twist on the classic, Itsy Bitsy Spider by Keith Chapman, brings together fun illustrations, rhyming, and alliteration into a short book that preschoolers love. The spider, "spinning silver silk webs high up in a barn," bounces from one farm animal to another and finally in the safety of his mom's web. This book is one of Emily's favorites -- I think the combination of animals, sounds, and a fun ending she can anticipate make it especially fun.

3 comments:

  1. I love alliteration! We'll have to look for this one! Thanks for playing and your name will be in the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks good. I will have to see if they have it at our library

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to go check this one out! My daughter's favorite song to sing is the Itsy Bitsy Spider!

    ReplyDelete