Friday, January 2, 2009

Oh to be resolute

I admit, I can never get too charged up about New Year's. Andy often reminds me that birthdays ending in zero are only important because we have ten fingers; I guess I have a similar feeling about New Year's. Maybe I'm just saying I'm not that charged up about New Year's because I can't seem to stay awake until midnight anymore -- much less awake in heels with strangers. So, we spent a quiet, but festive, evening with friends -- home by 8 so Emily could hit the nebulizer -- and an even more quiet day home on New Year's day, with a morning field trip to Ikea and McDonald's. No football this year (that's Monday). No black-eyed peas (I forgot to replace the ones the mouse got into). My cook more, eat out less pre-resolution is already a flop. My perpetual lose-ten-pounds resolution seems to work only while breastfeeding. So, I'm forgoing a resolution this year -- lest I be disappointed in my lack of resolve -- but I would like to work harder at work, play harder at home, and make more time for the hobbies I used to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment