Friday, January 16, 2009

Gearing up for four days on

I vaguely remember the days when a four-day weekend meant four days off work, days to do what I wanted without being bothered by tasking from others. During this BC (before child) era, I also left work each day in the early evening and didn't go back until the morning. I remember looking forward to "my" time. I now joke with single co-workers when I leave in the evening that I'm heading off to my other job -- one that's paid in "sugars" and "big hugs." (In any market, an investment with a much higher yield.)

I must confess, though, I look toward this long weekend with a bit of trepidation. Four whole days in a row with a toddler, and it's COLD outside. I think part of the problem is that this toddler is accustomed to a complex, structured day -- yoga on Mondays, music on Wednesdays, nap routines, puppet shows, breakfast/lunch/snack carefully timed, play time, craft time, reading time, potty time. I can't compete with that. I simply can't bear the thought of staying home for four whole days. I feel like I should have a lesson plan -- or at least a stockpile of craft supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment