Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Last Lecture

I spent a few days at my grad school alma mater last week, so I decided to pick up a faculty-related book to read during my downtime in the airport and such. Little did I know The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch would be so touching. The story is of a college professor who is dying, leaving behind three small children and a beautiful, young wife. He gives his last lecture in honor of his children, who are most likely too young to remember the depth of his love. The lecture wasn't about dying, it was about living. It really made me stop and think about the legacy I'm leaving Emily.

8 comments:

  1. Today is a very big day in the Where’s Wenda? Contest. I am visiting all of the SITS followers. Can I do it? There are around 1000 followers. Oh my! Better grab my cup of coffee and get on my way. Be sure to visit Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha and Three Bay B Chicks as part of your contest entry. -Wenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have that book on my to read list (not that i ever make it through my list anymore). i am going to have to move it to the top now.

    stopping by from SITS to welcome you to the community, we are so glad you joined. you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to read that book for some time! I have heard that it is very inspiring.

    I came by from SITS to welcome you to the SITStahood! It's nice to have you as part of our group:0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to SITS!! You will love the commuity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw teh video of his lecture a while back! amazing stuff!!

    welcome to SITS you will love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw him on Oprah and watched some of his video of his lecture. It's very moving.

    My BFF bought me the book which I've gotten to read here and there. With a 2 year old and full time job (and this blog,shhh)there's not much time for a real sit down and read uninterrupted mommy time :)

    Welcome to SITS...you'll love it and the awesome ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kept this book on my nightstand forever, promising to get around to reading it. I finally read it in one night. I couldn't put it down. Incredible. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way: SITS is the way to go! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete