Monday, February 2, 2009

Make-ahead Monday

Ok, so tonight's dinner couldn't have been much easier. We had chili dogs! As with many dishes we cook around here, this one is our take on a favorite mom and pop restaurant. In this case, the chili dog reminds us of Ben's Chili Bowl, a DC landmark that I've not personally visited but whose food I have eaten at Nationals games (ok, so it was only one game, but the chili dog made that much of an impression). Anyway, I made the chili ahead on Saturday when we ate it in a bowl with cornbread and cheddar cheese. Tonight, all I had to do was heat up the leftovers, pile a top hot dogs grilled on a grill pan, and sprinkle with cheese. It's not one of my healthiest meals, but it sure was good. Emily ate a dog and a half, a pile of cheese, and two cups of applesauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment